Apply now for your NRAP Assignment!
Despite tight budgets for training and travel, you can increase your skillset
and increase your value to your current program via the NOAA Rotational
Assignment Program (NRAP).
This NOAA-wide initiative offers you the opportunity to compete for short-term
rotational assignments in programs across all NOAA Line and Staff Offices.
This year, managers have identified some assignments that may be
worked remotely -- that is, from your current location using technology (such as
video conferencing, webcams, gotomeeting, VPN client, etc.). This will allow you
to work from your current location.
Participants may negotiate their NRAP schedule too. Perhaps you will work the
assignments 4 days a week, and devote 1 day to your current job, or some other
agreement that satisfies all. This may help your supervisor approve your
participation because your major duties will be covered.
Application deadline is
COB, Wednesday, October 21, 2015.
The NRAP application/selection process steps are:
1. Review assignments - search the online
opportunities for an assignment that will increase your skill set. You may
apply for up to three assignments.
2. Pre-approval - discuss participating in NRAP with your Home Office supervisor
to ensure you can be released from your job. The
Productivity Transfer Worksheet is useful to plan how our workload would be
3. Draft your application - use the
NRAP Application Form to craft your application before applying online. Some
sections limit the number of characters.
4. Apply - complete the
Online Application Form.
5. Approval - your Home Office supervisor emails his or her approval for your
participation in NRAP.
6. Review - the NRAP Program Manager sends approved applications to the
assignment's Host Office Supervisor.
7. Interviews - Host Office Supervisors may interview you before indicating
their preferred candidate(s).
8. Matches - the NRAP Program Manager will send you the results, if you are
matched to an assignment or not. You may receive more than one offer (if you
apply to multiple assignments) or none (if you are not selected).
9. Assignments - begin as negotiated between you and your Home and Host Office
Supervisors, and may last up to 1 year.
Learn more about NRAP: